Armor-Lux Clothing

Armor-lux was founded in 1938 as a maker of knitted hats and under garments by entrepreneur Walter Hubcher. The small French clothing company grew and they purchased their first knitting machine in 1940. Armor-lux was ready to launch into greater production of their increasingly popular knitwear but this was swiftly stalled by the onset of World War Two and the lack of raw materials that resulted thereof. After five years of uncertainty, the public sentiment for Armor-lux clothing was still strong and business got back underway. 



During the 1960s and 1970s, Armor-lux integrated the dying process and began to put together ready-to-wear collections featuring the classic Breton stripe. In the 1980s the company launched a network of small boutique clothing operations. Armor-lux was bought in 1993 by Breton Industrialists Jean-Guy Le Floch and Michel Gueguen, two men keen on promoting industrial activity in Quimper, Brittany. 
Armor-lux has been entrusted with the privileged task of kitting out La Poste, the French mail service and in 2005 it launched a range of authentic French clothing in fairtrade cotton, certified by Max Havelaar. Today it is one of France's best loved brands, with its roots firmly in the traditions of Breton seafaring life.

Armor-lux, nautical clothing made in France since 1938.